The technical consultant provides support and sound advice to customers, by assisting them in their plant design, and supporting the local sales teams in the sales process with a product and technical expertise. The technical consultant is also in charge of product and technology trainings internally and externally.
- Provides high-level technical support to SMA’s customers and SMA distribution network with a primary focus on commercial and residential applications.
- Technical contact for the local SMA Sales departments
- Support sales & marketing teams in activities such as product launch, roadshows, product positioning, expert talks…
- Performs in-house and external training courses for customers and employees as well as on-site at the customers.
- Develops training material content
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or educational training in electrical engineering along with several years of work experience in an electro technical environment
- Has at least three years of working experience as a presales engineer or equivalent role
- Ideally has sound knowledge of the UK electricity market and photovoltaics
- Experienced in configuring plants is a definite plus
- Has a strong sales and customer focus, good people skills and is a highly motivated self-starter
- Has an excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly PowerPoint & Excel
- Fluency in English language (written and oral) is a must, German/French/Dutch is a plus
- Willing to frequent travel within UK, and more occasionally in West European countries
- Flexibility, dynamism and ability to juggle diverse roles simultaneously is key.
Please send your job application to Ms. Sian Higgins (Sian.Higgins@SMA-UK.com)
SMA SOLAR UK LTD
Unit 2B, Gemini Building
Sunrise Parkway, Linford Wood
Milton Keynes MK14 6NP